Classic Egypt tours are carefully structured tour packages that cater specifically for travelers who are longing to enjoy a broader view of Egypt; travelers that wish to venture beyond breathtaking photos of pyramids. To this end, our classical tours always include “out of the ordinary” features like Nile cruises, Sahara Desert adventures and Red Sea Diving – They take visitors beyond pyramids, tombs and temples.
Learn more about classic Egypt tours here...
A Brief Guide To Classical Egypt Tours
Classical Egypt tours are the best way to really get the most out of your visit to Egypt. With a classic Egypt tour, all you have to do is book it and then sit back and enjoy the sights. We, the tour company will do the rest.
Sightseeing is more than just admiring the splendor of a certain structure. Have you ever gone sightseeing by yourself and wondered about the history behind that particular sight?
Classic Egypt tours allow you to not only see all of the incredible monuments and temples but also to learn some interesting facts about them. Here’s just a gist of some of the popular destinations that you will visit in the various cities on most Egypt classic tours.
- Giza Pyramids: The most iconic representation of Egypt, and no visit to classical Egypt tour is considered complete without a visit to the Giza Pyramids.
- Egyptian Museum: Another must-see on your visit to Cairo. The Egyptian Museum gives you a sneak-peek into various aspects of Egyptian culture, from the funerary relics and religious sculptures to the beautifully crafted jewelry and the artifacts of King Tut. Two of the most significant sculptures housed in the museum are the bust of Kind Merenptah and the sculpture of the goddess Selket.
- Cairo Tower: This concrete structure towers 187 meters above the centre of the city and gives you a splendid bird’s eye view of the entire city. (I wouldn’t recommend the Cairo Tower to anyone who’s afraid of heights, it also feels a rickety/wobbly. The alternative way for a great bird’s eye view of Cairo is the Cairo Citadel where the Alabaster Mosque is also located.
On the itinerary of every Nile cruise is the visit to two unique temples:
- Kom Ombo Temple: Which is a unique double temple constructed during the Ptolemaic Dynasty.
- Edfu Temple of Horus: This is the second largest in Egypt and offers an interesting look at life and death in ancient Egypt. (This temple is considered to be the preserved temple in Egypt).
When cruising the Nile you will also get to explore the magnificent sites of Luxor and Aswan. Because of the immense popularity, Nile River cruises are a prominent feature in many of our classic Egypt tours.
- Valley of the Kings: This is a royal necropolis steeped in mystique, history and undeniable reverence. Here you can feel the power of all the Egyptian kings that you’ve only read about before.
- Karnak Temple: Dedicated to the Theben triad of Amun, Khonsu and Mut and covering an astonishing 200 acres, this temple has welcomed pilgrims and travellers for more than 4,000 years.
- Luxor Temple: An imposing colonnade with a 33 feet circumference and columns that rise to a height of 60 feet are only just two of the many awe inspiring features of this ancient temple.
- Temple of Queen Hatshepsut: Built in honor of the longest living female Pharaoh of Egypt, this temple is must see for all Egyptian history buffs. One of the highlights of the temple is the amazing view it offers over the Nile Valley, the area where ancient pharaohs ruled.
- Unfinished Obelisk: This unfinished obelisk holds the honor of being larger than any of the finished obelisks and provides an interesting look at the methods that stone workers used in ancient times.
- Aswan High Dam: Built to prevent the flooding of the Nile River, this dam is one of the most impressive sights of modern Egypt.
Classic Egypt Tours – Explore The Best Of Egypt
If you read through the itineraries of various Egypt classic tours, you will see that they cover all of the popular sites. Also check out the Nile cruise holidays and Egypt tour packages for a multi-city tour.
With everything readymade for you, why waste time struggling with making plans to travel independently through Egypt. Just book classic Egypt tours and you can enjoy your visit without worrying about anything at all.
Everything will be taken care of for you. If you cannot find the exact itinerary that you would like to follow, you also have the option to request a custom tour than can be tailored to meet all of your requirements.