5 Day Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor
Follow in the footsteps of Egypt’s great pharaohs as you sail peacefully along the Nile during this unforgettable 5 day Aswan to Luxor Nile cruise on board the luxurious 5-Star Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise.
Stroll through the Valley of Kings, home to more than 70 royal tombs; visit ancient awe-inspiring temples in Luxor, Esna, Edfu, and Kom Ombo, and conclude your Nile Valley adventure with some more fascinating sightseeing opportunities in Aswan before disembarking to continue on your way. Nobody has truly experienced Egypt if they haven’t experienced a Nile River cruise.
Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise departs from Aswan every Monday.
5 Day Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise
Day 1 – Aswan Cruise Embarkation and Felucca Cruise
When you arrive at Aswan Airport or Aswan train station, you will be met by one of our friendly tour representatives who will then escort you to the port where you will be boarding the luxury 5-Star Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise. After boarding and checking in, you will be served a lovely onboard lunch and then you will disembark again for some sightseeing.
Instead of being taken for a tour, today you will board a traditional felucca boat which will then take you sailing around Kitchener Island. After some pleasant time on the water, you will be returned to the cruise ship in time for your first excellent on-board dinner. This night will be spent in your cabin on the water at Aswan.
Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2 – Aswan Sightseeing and Cruise to Edfu via Kom Ombo
Day 2 of your Aswan to Luxor Nile cruise once again begins with a good breakfast being served in the boat’s elegant dining area. After you have enjoyed your breakfast, you will visit the Aswan High Dam which is one of the most ambitious engineering projects ever to have been undertaken in the country. Later you will go to see the massive Unfinished Obelisk, and finally, you will visit the ancient Philae Temple which had moved in its entirety following the construction of the High Dam.
After your sightseeing tour, you will be served another thoroughly enjoyable lunch back on the cruise ship, and it will begin sailing to Kom Ombo. On arrival in Kom Ombo, you will once again disembark, this time for a visit to an incredibly remarkable ancient temple that was built to honor two different gods, Horus the falcon-headed god, and Sobek the crocodile god. This temple has a fascinating history, so be sure to pay attention to your tour guide.
Following your visit to the Temple of Sobek at Kom Ombo, your cruise ship will sail to Edfu. Enjoy afternoon tea along the way, followed by another fine dinner aboard the ship at Edfu. There will also be an Oriental Show (Gallabia Party) in the evening, and you will be spending this night on the water at Edfu.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3 – Edfu Sightseeing and Leisurely Cruise to Luxor
Begin the 3rd day of your Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise with another hearty breakfast, and then enjoy a shore excursion to wonderful Temple of Horus in Edfu. This remarkable ancient temple is the best-preserved temple of its kind. After the Romans abandoned it, the desert sands slowly but surely swallowed it, and as a result, it lay buried beneath the sand for more than 2,000 years. After you have had ample time to explore this site, you will then return to the ship, and it will set sail for Luxor.
Lunch will be served along the way, as well as some afternoon tea. This evening you will once again enjoy dinner aboard the vessel, and this will be followed by an authentic Egyptian Belly Dance Show. Tonight you will be sleep in the comfort of your cabin on the water at Luxor.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 4 – Luxor West Bank and East Bank Monuments
Wake up to a hearty onboard breakfast, and then disembark for an excursion to Luxor’s West Bank. During this excursion, you will get to visit the infamous Valley of Kings where they discovered the tomb and mummy of King Tutankhamen, along with more than 60 other royal tombs. Next up, will be a visit to vast rock-cut Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the most visited ancient attractions in Egypt.
Following your visit to these astonishing sites, you will then return to the comfort of the Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise in order to enjoy a splendid onboard lunch. Once you have finished your lunch, you will once again disembark, and you will be taken to see two amazing sites on Luxor’s East Bank.
Your first stop will be at the ancient Karnak Temple, a vast complex that continued expanding for more than 2000 years. Next up will be a visit to the beautifully preserved Luxor Temple, one of only a few ancient sites that are popular nighttime attractions well.
After visiting these to famous sites, you will return to the Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise where you will have the remainder of the day to yourself. Dinner will be served in the evening and you’ll spend the night on the water in Luxor.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 5 – Disembarkation
Sadly, this is the last day of your Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise, but before you disembark, another good onboard breakfast will be served. After breakfast it will be time to check-out and disembark, at which one of our tour representatives will be waiting to escort you to the airport or to the railway station in Luxor, depending on what your travel plans are. You will be leaving, but the memories you have gained will stay with you forever.
Meals Included: Breakfast
What is included in your Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise holiday:
- Meet and Greet Service – One of tour representatives will meet you on arrival in Aswan, and another one will be there to bid you farewell when you depart from Luxor.
- Full Personal Assistance – Our team of tour professionals will be available to offer assistance throughout the duration of your cruise in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.
- All Transfers – All transfers are done in modern air-conditioned vehicles and are included in the price of your cruise.
- Full Board – Your 5-Day Aswan to Luxor Nile cruise includes full board and lodging on board the Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise .
- All Excursions – All excursions mentioned in the itinerary are included in the tour price.
- Entrance Fees – Any and all entrance fees to the various sites visited are included.
- English Speaking Guide – A fully certified English-speaking guide will accompany you on all excursions. Our guides are extremely knowledgeable, and visitors are encouraged to ask question during excursions.
- All Service Charges and Taxes – The price of your cruise is inclusive of all taxes, services charges, and etc. With us, there are NO hidden charges along the way.
What is not included in your Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise holiday:
- Pre-Arrival and Post-Departure Travel – Tour price does not include travel to Aswan or onward travel from Luxor.
- Tipping – Tour price does not include money for tipping guides, waitresses, waiters, and etc. Tipping is not required or expected, but always appreciated if you feel it is well-deserved.
- Movenpick MS Royal Lotus Nile Cruise
|Price per 1 person||May to September||October to April|
Prices are quoted per person in US$ and are valid until the 30th of April 2020, except during Christmas, New Year and Easter holidays.