5 Day MS Salacia Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan
Experience the magic of Ancient Egypt with our affordable high quality 5-Day MS Salacia Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan. Enjoy 5-star accommodation; full board, and professional Egyptologist guided tours from beginning to end. Cruise down the Nile and explore the most famous tombs, temples and ruins in Luxor, including Valley of the Kings, Karnak and more.
Visit the twin temples of Kom Ombo; the magnificent Temple of Horus; the ancient Temple of Philae and other ancient wonders as you cruise along the Nile River in 5-Star comfort and style with lifelong memories guaranteed.
5 Day MS Salacia Nile Cruises departs from Luxor every Monday.
5 Day MS Salacia Nile Cruise
Day 1 – 5 Day MS Salacia Nile Cruise Begins
Enjoy a warm welcome from one of our tour managers when you arrive at the airport or railway station in Luxor, and then you will be driven in comfort to the area where you will be boarding your 5-Star MS Salacia Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan. Enjoy your first on-board lunch shortly after boarding, and then a little later in the afternoon you will enjoy a tour to the East Bank of Luxor to visit Luxor Temple and the huge Karnak Temple complex. All your tours during the cruise are small group tours shared with some of our other clients. You will also have one of our Egyptologist guides with you during all tours to ensure that your cruise is as rich and rewarding as it possibly can be.
After your tour, you will return to the ship, and you will have some time for yourself before dinner is served in the beautifully appointed dining area. Enjoy the first night of your cruise on the gentle waters of the Nile in Luxor.
Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2 – Luxor West Bank Tour and Cruise to Edfu via Esna
Begin the second day of your MS Salacia Nile Cruise with a nice breakfast on the water at Luxor, and then you will head to the West Bank of Luxor with your small group and your guide to visit another 3 wonderful ancient sites, starting with Valley of the Kings.
Valley of the Kings was a royal necropolis where pharaohs and certain influential nobles of the New Kingdom were laid to rest in rock-cut tombs. Some of these consist only of a simple burial chamber, while others a complex maze of chambers and passageways. Like the pyramids, nearly all of the tombs were raided and looted in antiquity, with Tutankhamen’s tomb being one of the only ones which was discovered still sealed, with everything still inside, including his mummy.
Next, you will visit the ancient rock-cut mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, a vast complex that was constructed by the same workers who constructed and decorated the tombs at Valley of the Kings. You will also visit the huge Colossi of Memnon on your way back to your cruise ship.
There are no further tours or excursions today, so once you have had your lunch, you will be free to enjoy the rest of your day as you wish while you sail to Edfu via Esna. Enjoy some afternoon tea and dinner at the usual time, and enjoy another good night’s sleep on the water, this time at Edfu.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3 – Edfu Temple, Kom Omb Temple and Cruise to Aswan
Shortly after you have had your breakfast, your guide will take you and your group to vist Egypt’s best-preserved ancient temple, the Temple of Horus which was discovered after having been buried under the desert sand for more than 2,000 years.
After your visit to the temple, enjoy lunch back on the boat, and then it will sail to Kom Ombo where you will enjoy another excursion, this time to visit Kom Ombo Temple which was dedicated to two different gods, Sobek and Haeroris. After exploring the temple, you will return to the ship in time for some afternoon tea, and it will then sail to Aswan. Dinner will be served at the usual time, and this night of your MS Salacia Nile Cruise will be spent on the water at Aswan.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 4 – Aswan High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and Philae Temple
Enjoy breakfast on board your MS Salacia Nile Cruise and then a bit later your guide will take you and the other members of your group to visit three very popular Aswan tourist attractions. First you will visit the remarkable Aswan High Dam which gave birth to Lake Nasser after construction of the dam was completed.
Next, you will be taken to visit the ancient Temple of Philae that was dedicated to two goddesses, Hathor and Isis. This amazing temple once stood on a small island which now lies beneath the water of Lake Nasser, and it was painstakingly moved in entirety to its current location on higher ground. Once everyone in your group has finished looking around this site, you will then head to the ancient granite quarries to see the gigantic Unfinished Obelisk, after which you will return to the ship in time for some lunch.
There are no other excursions scheduled for today, so you will have the remainder of the day to enjoy as you wish. Afternoon tea and dinner will be served at the usual times, and you will spend the last night of your 5-day MS Salacia Nile Cruise on the water at Aswan.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 5 – 5 Day MS Salacia Nile Cruise Ends
Enjoy one last breakfast on the ship, and then shortly after you have eaten, it will be time for check-out and final disembarkation, at which point one of our tour representatives and a driver will take you to Aswan airport or Aswan railway station, dependent on what your onward travel plans are. Your epic MS Salacia Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan has come to an end, but you will have so many memories which you will be able to cherish forever.
Meals Included: Breakfast
What is included in your Salacia Nile Cruise holiday:
- Meet and Greet Service – One of tour representatives will meet you on arrival in Luxor, and another one will be there to bid you farewell when you depart from Aswan.
- Full Personal Assistance – Our team of tour professionals will be available to offer assistance throughout the duration of your Salacia Nile cruise in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.
- All Transfers – All transfers are done in modern air-conditioned vehicles and are included in the price of your cruise.
- Full Board – Your 5 Day MS Salacia Nile Cruise includes full board and lodging on board the Nile cruise ship.
- Free Wifi is included onboard the cruise
- Minibar with minral water and soft drink re-fill daily (1 bottle of mineral water / 1 soft drink / 1 can of juice)
- All Excursions – All sightseeing excursions mentioned in the itinerary are included in the tour price.
- Entrance Fees – Any and all entry fees to the various sites visited are included.
- English Speaking Tour Guide – A fully certified English-speaking Egyptologist tour guide will accompany you on all excursions. Our guides are extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and visitors are encouraged to ask question during excursions.
- All Service Charges and Taxes – The price of your cruise is inclusive of all taxes, services charges, and etc. With us, there are NO hidden charges along the way.
What is not included in your Salacia Nile Cruise holiday:
- Pre-Arrival and Post-Departure Travel – Tour price does not include travel to Luxor or onward travel from Aswan.
- Tipping – Tour price does not include money for tipping guides, waitresses, waiters, and etc. Tipping is not required or expected, but always appreciated if you feel it is well-deserved.
- MS Salacia Nile Cruise
|Price per 1 person||May to September||October to April|
Prices for our 5-Day MS Salacia Nile Cruise are quoted per person in US$ and are valid until the 31st of December 2021, except during Christmas, New Year and Easter holidays.