Visit and explore some of Egypt’s less frequented ancient sites with an exceptional Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise during Easter 2023; a timeless journey that begins at Abu Simbel and ends in Aswan 4 days later.
Visit the iconic rock-cut Temples of Abu Simbel; the three fascinating tombs at Amada; the strikingly impressive Kalabsha Temple and so much more, all while sailing on the tranquil waters of this magnificent lake with its many ancient treasures lurking far beneath the surface. With non-stop sightseeing; world-class cuisine, and 5-Star service from beginning to end, this is set to be a travel experience you will never forget.
NOTE: Cruise includes small group tours (max 12) and it departs on the 15th of April 2023.
Easter 2023: Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise
DAY 1 – Lake Nasser Cruise Begins and Abu Simbel Tour
When you arrive in Abu Simbel for your Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise during Easter 2023, one of our tour representatives will be standing by to meet and assist you, and to escort you to board the beautiful Prince Abbas cruise ship. Enjoy a good lunch shortly after boarding, and then one of our very friendly Egyptologist tour guides will accompany you and a small group of our other clients on a tour to the magnificent rock-cut Abu Simbel Temples. After the Giza pyramids near Cairo, these two temples are the second-most recognizable ancient monuments in the country. They are well and truly beyond words.
There will also be an optional visit to the temples in the evening to see a Sound and Lights Show. However, this is an optional excursion and is therefore not including in the price of your cruise.
Enjoy a good dinner aboard the ship, and have a wonderful night’s rest in your cabin on the water at Abu Simbel.
Meals Included: Lunch and Dinner
DAY 2 – Kasr Ibrim, Amada, and Overnight at Wadi El Seboua
Begin the second day of your Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise during Easter 2023 begins with a good on-board breakfast and then the vessel will sail to Kasr Ibrim to see an ancient fortress. Also known as Qasr Ibrim, the fortress was built by Roman engineers, and at the time, it was the strongest fortress in the entire Nile Valley. After the Aswan High Dam was built, the rising waters flooded all of what was once the city of Qasr Ibrim. Today, only the fortress is visible, along with the top of the hill on which it was built. The island and fortress is off limits to everyone apart from Archeologists so you will only be able to take photos from the ship’s sundeck.
After about 15 minutes, the Prince Abbas cruise will move away from the small island, and you will then be taken to visit three fascinating ancient sites: the Temple of Amada; the Temple of Derr, and the Tomb of Pennut. All three of these sites are incredible, and visiting them will be an experience which you are unlikely to forget in your lifetime.
Following your tour, you will return to the vessel, and it will begin sailing to Wadi El Seboua with a good lunch being served along the way. There are no excursions scheduled for this day so you will have ample time for relaxing. Shortly before dinner, there will be a Cocktail Reception Party on the ship, and tonight you will be sleeping in your beautifully appointed cabin on the water at Wadi El Seboua. There will also be a very entertaining Nubian Show on the vessel in the evening which everyone is welcome to attend.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
DAY 3 – Wadi El Seboua Temples and Cruise to Aswan
Start your day with another delicious onboard breakfast, and then it will be time to disembark for a visit to the Temples of Wadi El Seboua, both of which are located in an area known as Valley of the Lions. As with several other temples found along the shores of Lake Nasser, the Temples of Wadi El Seboua were also dismantled and moved to higher ground when the water level of Lake Nasser started rising following the construction of the Aswan High Dam.
After your tour, you will head back to the ship in time for lunch, and it will start sailing to Aswan. With no further excursions scheduled, you with have the rest of the day to yourself to enjoy as you wish. Spend the last night of your Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser cruise during Easter 2023 on the water at Aswan.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
DAY 4 – Kalabsha Temple and Cruise Disembarkation
Enjoy another good breakfast on board the ship and then our Egyptologist tour guide will take you and the other members in your group to see the amazing Kalabsha Temple. Built in 30 BC, this ancient temple was never actually completed, but nonetheless, it is still regarded as being one of the finest examples of Egyptian architecture in Nubia. It is also the second largest free-standing ancient structure to have been moved to higher ground in order to save it from the flooding of Lake Nasser.
Following your tour, you will head back to the ship to collect your belongings, and then it will be time for final disembarkation. Your 4-day Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser cruise during Easter 2023 will now have ended, so we will transfer you to the airport or the railway station for your onward journey from Aswan.
Meals Included: Breakfast
What is included in your4 Day Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise during Easter 2023:
- Meet and Greet Service – One of tour representatives will meet you on arrival at Abu Simbel, and another one will be there to bid you farewell when you depart from Aswan.
- Full Personal Assistance – Our team of tour professionals will be available to offer assistance throughout the duration of your cruise in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.
- All Transfers – All transfers are done in modern air-conditioned vehicles and are included in the price of your cruise.
- Full Board – Your 4 Day Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise during Easter 2023 includes full board and lodging on board the cruise ship.
- All Excursions – All excursions mentioned in the itinerary are included in the tour price.
- Entrance Fees – Any and all entrance fees to the various sites visited are included.
- English Speaking Guide – A fully certified English-speaking Egyptologist guide will accompany you on all excursions. Our guides are extremely knowledgeable, and visitors are encouraged to ask question during excursions.
- All Service Charges and Taxes – The price of your cruise is inclusive of all taxes, services charges, and etc. With us, there are NO hidden charges along the way.
What is not included in your 4 Day Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise during Easter 2023:
- Pre-Arrival and Post-Departure Travel – Tour price does not include travel to Abu Simbel or onward travel from Aswan.
- Tipping – Tour price does not include money for tipping guides, waitresses, waiters, and etc. Tipping is not required or expected, but always appreciated if you feel it is well-deserved.
- Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise
|Price per 1 person||Easter Holidays 2023|
Prices for our 4 Day Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise during Easter 2023 are quoted per person in US$ and valid until the 15th of April 2023.