Covid-19 – Taking a Proactive Approach for Risk Reduction
When we say that nothing is more important to us that the health and safety of our clients, we really mean it. We absolutely believe that it is our responsibility to do whatever we can to keep our clients, as well as our personnel, safe from the spread of Covid-19 by actively implementing any and all recommended Covid-19 risk reduction measures.
To this end, we are fully complying with World Health Organization Covid-19 prevention guidelines, and we have put in place a number of precautionary health measures based on their recommendations for disease prevention. Below is a brief outline of the main Coronavirus safety precautions we have put in place in order to limit the spread of the coronavirus:
- All of our staff members, including tour leaders, tour guides and drivers are required to wash their hands with soap and water and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer at regular interval throughout the day to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- All staff members are required to cover their nose and mouth if they need to cough or sneeze.
- As part of our disease prevention strategy, all staff members are issued with protective masks and have been instructed to practice social distancing and to avoid crowded spaces/areas.
- Tour leaders and tour guides have been instructed to avoid any places where livestock is kept.
- Staff members have been trained to recognize Covid-19 symptoms.
- If any of our clients are denied the right to board a cruise as a result of a suspected Covid-19 infection, we will make special arrangements with a local health facility for quarantine and case management.
- All of our vehicles have been equipped with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and all surfaces inside our vehicles are disinfected regularly in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Special non-touch thermometers will be used on a case by case basis and will also be available at all the hotels and on all cruises that we partner with.
- We also ask that our clients inform one of our staff member immediately if at any point they start to experience any symptoms that are associated with Covid-19.
Hotels, Cruises and Disaster Risk Reduction
While we have always taken considerable care in choosing the hotels and cruise ship operators that we partner with. However, with the ever present Covid-19 risk, we are now being more selective than ever before. Before we make bookings with any hotel and/or cruise ship operator, they must be able to demonstrate that they have solid Covid-19 prevention measures in place to reduce the risks of transmission.
With adequate prevention measures in place, we believe that it is possible to greatly reduce the risk of becoming infected with Covid-19. To this end, we expect hotels and cruise ship operators to do everything they possibly can in order to protect their guests against the Coronavirus.
Frequently Asked Questions
As most people already know, there are several things one can do in order to reduce the risk of becoming infected with Covid-19. While absolute prevention cannot be guaranteed, the degree of risk can significantly reduced. Here we take a look at four of the most common questions people have about Covid-19:
Q. What is the best way to prevent or reduce the risk of Covid-19 infection?
Vacines are the best and most effective way to prevent diseases like coronavirus. If you are planning a vacation, we strongly recommend that you get your coronavirus jabs before traveling.
Q. What steps can I take for reducing the risk of infection?
The risk of contracting Covid-19 can be considerably reduced by practicing regular hand washing; regular use of alcohol-based hand sanatizers; the use of face masks/coverings, and by observing social distancing guidelines. The coronavirus disease typically enters the body via the mouth, nose and eyes. Because of this, people should avoid touching their faces prior to washing hand or prior to using sanatizer.
Q. What should I do to safeguard my health before traveling to Egypt?
Although the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends against all non-essential travel to Egypt, some people have continued to visit the country during the coronavirus pandemic. If you plan on visiting the country desite the presence of Covid-19 in the country, we strongly recommend getting vacinated before you travel. If you are unable to get your jabs, then you should, at the very least, take all possible didease prevention precautions in order to reduce the risk posed both to you and others.
Q. Who is at most risk of severe Covid-19 infection?
The risk of becoming infected with the coronavirus disease is much the same for everyone. However, the severity of the disease can and does vary considerably. The older you are, the more at risk you are of developing serious and potentially life threatening symptoms.Young people with underlying health problems are also at greater risk of developing serious illness following Covid-19 infection. People suffering with obesity and/or diabetes are also considered to be a high risk group.
Non-Essential Travel to Egypt During the Covid Pandemic
As long as you meet all of Egypt’s Covid-19 travel criteria and rules which have been put in place to reduce the risk of of spreading the disease, there is nothing stopping you from visiting the country. In fact, many people have spoken favorably about visiting during the pandemic. The significant reduction in tourist numbers may not be good for the country’s tourism industry, but many visitors will find this to their liking.
Some of the country’s more popular attractions that once attracted thousands of visitors each day and now nearly deserted as a result of Covid-19. At Egypt Tours Plus, we take health and safety very seriously, and we believe that adequate risk management is the key to reducing the risk of Covid-19 infection towards our clients and our employees.
We also currently have a Book Now, Travel Later policy in place for those who would like to take advantage of current low prices and then travel at a later date once the Covid-19 pandemic has been brought under control. You can visit us online today and one of our tour specialist will work with you to create your ideal tour which you can then enjoy at a later date.
For those who decide to travel during during the Covid-19 pandemic, we wish you a safe and truly wonderful trip.